Our Lettings Team are highly trained and experienced local lettings specialists who provide peace of mind for landlords. Taking a personal approach, we tailor our property management services to help you maximise your rents and hold on to great tenants.
Experience the Concord difference
We believe that providing the best possible service to our landlords is the only way to stand out in a competitive world. Plus, we genuinely love doing what we do.
To us, nothing is more important than helping you get the most out of your investment. It’s the very reason why more than 95% of our landlords have been with us for over five years.
With Concord by your side, you can expect:
- Honest, friendly and professional advice (we’ll always make suggestions that are in your best interests, not ours)
- To maximise your rents (we really know the market)
- Excellent tenant matching (we’ll always place people who are the best fit)
- Honest descriptions of your property to tenants
- A quick to response to your queries (even out-of-hours)
- Work and repairs to be completed quickly, cost-effectively, and to a high standard through our close network of contractors
- To remain on top of regulatory updates that could affect your investment
We have two tenant finding packages and three tenant and property management services (detailed below). However, we like to work flexibly and so we always start with an open conversation, usually over a cuppa, about what would be the best option for you and your investment.
Tenant finding package
If you want to do everything yourself but would like help finding the best tenant, this package is for you. We’ll:
- Provide an accurate assessment on the best rental price for your property
- Spend time with you to understand who you see as your ideal tenant
- Promote your property to find the best tenants
- Provide an accurate description of your property to tenants
- Present you with a selection of suitable tenants
- Introduce you to tenants who are a great match so that you can arrange all viewings, references and other paperwork
Full introduction package
If you would like us to take care of everything and pass responsibility over to you once your tenant has moved in, this package is for you. We will:
- Guide you on the best rental price for your property
- Promote your property to find your ideal tenant
- Arrange all the legally required checking and paperwork for your property
- Arrange interviews with prospective tenants (we attend all viewings unless agreed otherwise)
- Take care of all references and immigration checks (Right to Rent)
- Handle all tenancy/landlord paperwork
- Collect agreed deposits from the tenant
- Guide the tenants as they prepare to move in
If you already have contacts in the trade or have practical maintenance skills, but would still like us to manage your let, this package is for you. We’ll:
- Provide you with an excellent tenant management service
- Collect rents and carry out ongoing Immigration Act checks throughout the Term of the tenancy
- Supply annual statements for tax returns on request
- Quickly notify you of any maintenance work needed, and pass the details straight to you to make your own arrangements for repair
- Deduct 3% from your monthly management charge for sorting your own maintenance repairs
Peace of Mind package
For complete peace of mind, we offer a full management service option. This is a great option if you believe your property will not require much maintenance. We’ll:
- Provide you with the same excellent tenant management service included within our standard DIY package
- Take care of as many minor repairs as we can within a pre-agreed limit (your property float) without having to bother you
- Periodically check on your property and follow-up with a verbal or written report
- Liaise with your tenant on all day-to-day matters
- Arrange for third-party contractors to carry out works (where necessary and agreed) – we’ve got an excellent network of skilled people.
- Provide an out-of-hours response in the event of an urgent contact
- Carry out legal action to recover rents owed
- Administer any insurance claims on your behalf
- Collect, hold and return deposits
Vacant Management Service
If you expect your property to remain empty for more than a month, and need someone to keep an eye on it, pay the bills and maintain it, this service is for you. We’ll:
- Check your property once a week or once a month
- Make sure your property complies with current safety regulations
- Arrange routine and emergency repairs (as agreed with you)
- Manage post and other correspondence, including paying bills
- Monitor utilities such as the heating system and taking action as required (e.g., draining the system down)
- Coordinate any minor works to improve your property (always keeping costs to a minimum)
We care for your business.
We take a holistic approach. Placing our clients at the heart of our business means that we’re honest and upfront about things.
Drawing on our many years of experience and our knowledge of the market, we’ll always let you know if a property investment is not a good option. Likewise, we’ll also be quick to identify opportunities and make suggestions on how you can maximise rents and reduce costs.
We get things sorted quickly.
We’re never more than a phone call or email away. Over the years, we’ve also built up a well-established network of contractors who provide general maintenance, heating and plumbing, roofing, cleaning, gardening and more.
This means that we can tend to your every property need, and to be completely fair, we never add a surcharge on top of the contractor quotes we receive. There may be a small admin fee, but we will always let you know about this in advance. After all, our priority is to keep your costs down.
We are hot on compliance.
We take compliance very seriously. To keep on top of the regulatory changes that may impact your investment, we make it our business to keep updated. This involves attending specific industry training through the likes of ARLA and Rightmove and seeking advice and updates from our partner, specialist lettings and management consultant, Darrel Kwong at DWK Consultancy.
Our Director of Lettings & Accounts, Jayde Luckner, is also an active member of the National Residential Landlords Association.
Steps to becoming a landlord with us
Every landlord portfolio is different, but our step-by-step process is pretty much the same.
Step 1: Getting to know you. Our advice is absolutely free. You simply give us a call to have an informed chat about your plans, properties or ideas.
Step 2: Property Readiness. We talk through the location of your property, its size and who you envisage as tenants. Then, with your ideal tenant in mind, we ask what kind of property do those people generally look for? Finally, we ask you to picture yourself living there – what would you do to it? We feel that this really helps in paring your property to the best tenants.
Step 3: Meeting you and your property. We come and visit you at your home or at your property to have a look, discuss options and give our honest advice on next steps.
Step 4: Helping you get set up. We guide you through the process of setting up a new rental property and, if needed, identify contractors to help you prepare your property for rental.
Step 5: Signing contracts. You’ll sign an agreement laying out our T&Cs. We’ll also make sure that your property meets all the compliance thresholds.
Step 6: Finding your ideal tenants. We’ll market your property to find the right tenant for you and keep you informed throughout the referencing process.
Step 7: Managing your property. If you choose to use our property management service, we’ll make it our priority to make sure your let is successful.
Although we’re not financial advisers, we do have an excellent working relationship with HD Consultants in Colchester who we consider to be an extension of our team.
HD Consultants are hugely experienced and knowledgeable in identifying the best buy-to-let mortgages, commercial finance and short-term lending solutions.
Other services you may be interested in
If you’re considering an HMO as an investment, we know exactly how to make it a success. Specialising in HMOs for the past 12 years, we are extremely good at minimising voids so that your investment is a strong one. If you’re new to the world of HMOs, we’ll even assist with the planning process, licensing and legal requirements. There’s nothing we cannot help with.
If you own or have the Right to Manage a block of flats, we could be just the partner you’ve been looking for. We make it our business to keep on top of everything while being mindful of keeping costs to a minimum. We have a fantastic network of high-quality contractors who we’ve worked with for many years – people we’d trust with our own homes.